Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ileana looking for something great

Her last Telugu film, Rechipo, didn’t exactly set the box office on fire. But there were no complaints about Ileana’s look, which was high on the oomph factor. And that, says the actress, is one of the reasons for her on-screen success. “I’m the only heroine in the industry who can dress differently and can carry off anything, but I wouldn’t say I’m oomphy,” says Ileana. Next up is Saleem, in which she’ll star opposite Vishnu. “I’m glad YVS Chowdary has trusted me enough to offer me a role again. He directed my debut, Devadasu. But this role is different and the film will be a big hit,” she says confidently.

Ileana admits that she’s quite comfortable in Tollywood. Is it because the pay isn’t lucrative enough in other regional films? “Money is not an issue. But the directors I’ve worked with in Tollywood have a vision and have always portrayed me beautifully. Moreover, I haven’t been offered the kind of roles that I’m getting here in other regional films. That’s why I love Tollywood,” says Ileana. The same goes for Bollywood, says the Goan gal. “I don’t want to go to Bollywood for an average commercial film. The film should bring out something in me. I’m waiting for such a role,” she says.

No comments:

Latest buzz on Telugu movie blog